SAE International has honored five mobility engineering professionals with the 2018 James M. Crawford Technical Standards Board Outstanding Achievement Award.
The award recognizes individuals for outstanding service in the technical committee activities of the SAE International. This includes:
- Contributions to the work of SAE International technical committees
- Unusual leadership in the activities of technical committee
- Significant contributions as a representative of the SAE International to the accomplishments of technical committees of other organizations or of government agencies
- Outstanding contributions to technical committee work in the form of research, test methods and procedures, and/or development of standards
The winners for 2018 are:
- Dieter Herman—CEO of AeroTech Consulting GmbH
- Tim Rickmeyer— Aerospace Engineer/Propulsion Condition Based Maintenance SME U.S. Army RDECOM
- Dave Walen— Chief Scientist Electromagnetic Effects FAA
Motor Vehicle Council
- Rick Wallace— Technical Fellow at General Motors
Systems Management Council
- Larry Gurule— President of i-Infusion Inc
The James M. Crawford Fund was established in 1953 and honors James Crawford, who was president of SAE International in 1945. The award was previously known as the Technical Standards Board Outstanding Achievement Award and was renamed the James M. Crawford Technical Standards Board Outstanding Achievement Award in 2013.