The International Aerospace Quality Group (IAQG) has published AS9110:2016 and AS9120:2016, completing the revision of the core aerospace standards.
AS9110 Aerospace Management System for Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul Stations outlines specific requirements that are significant for the maintenance of commercial, private, and military aircraft. AS9110 certification provides an additional layer of control, but does not replace regulatory oversight or customer monitoring.
AS9120 Aerospace Management Systems for Stockist Distributors addresses the chain of custody, traceability, control, and availability of records. AS9120 is applicable to organizations that resell, distribute, and warehouse aircraft parts and other aerospace components.
To drive effective operations in increasingly complex environments, the revision of these standards incorporates the essential changes made to ISO 9001:2015 and additional aerospace, space, and defense stakeholder requirements.
Updates to the AS9100 standards are designed to:
- Link to the latest version of ISO 9001.
- Adapt to a changing world.
- Enhance the ability of an organization to satisfy its customers.
- Create a consistent foundation for the future.
- Reflect the increasingly complex environments in which organizations operate.
- Ensure the standards reflect the needs of all interested parties.
- Integrate with other management systems.
Organizations currently certified to AS9100, AS9110, or AS9120 will need to successfully transition to the relevant 2016 revision by September 2018.