The Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) is proud to announce a forthcoming webinar around the topic of food safety auditor qualification in the context of GFSI’s recently announced “Race to the Top” program. The webinar, “The New Pathway for Food Safety Auditors: Introducing a New Model for Qualification” will air live on Sep. 21 at 2 p.m. CEST.
To summarize, “Race to the Top” includes the following four key features:
- Creating benchmarking requirements for food safety auditor training and continuing development programs
- Overseeing certification program owners once they are recognized
- Monitoring certification bodies
- Establishing a certification platform
This webinar will explore the new model for food safety auditor qualification as seen in feature 1 of “Race to the Top” (often referred to as Auditor Training and Professional Development, or ATPD). The event will address the topics of qualification, competence, and establishing a profession of food safety auditing. But what is “competence”? How is it best verified? And what do we really mean by “establishing a profession of food safety auditing”?
Speakers will include:
- Andrew Baines, president and CEO of Exemplar Global
- LeAnn Chuboff, vice president, technical affairs at the Safe Quality Food Institute (SQFI)
- Kris Middleton, North American food program manager at Bureau Veritas Certification North America
- Marie-Claude Quentin, senior technical manager of GFSI and the Consumer Goods Forum
- Vincent Desmond, CEO of the Chartered Quality Institute
This star-studded panel of top-rank industry leaders will provide outstanding insight into the key elements of ATPD. You won’t want to miss it!
To learn more and register, visit online here.