CQI has announced the winners of its inaugural International Quality Awards. The awards spanned six categories and recognized the contributions of quality professionals across the globe.
“The awards ceremony was a wonderful celebration of the ongoing work being undertaken to enhance the quality profession, while also an opportunity to learn important lessons from our peers who are leading the way,” CQI Chief Executive Vince Desmond said.
The winners are as follows:
- Quality Professional of the Year Award—John Feltham, Portsmouth International Port, United Kingdom, for his work in quality management systems and focus on corporate governance, social responsibility, and compliance.
- Emerging Talent Award—Charlotte Laverty, Alan Auld Engineering, United Kingdom, for her lead role in managing quality management systems.
- Leadership Award—John Holland, Jaguar Land Rover Automotive plc, United Kingdom, for his work in business and process performance improvement for JLR’s corporate global integrated management system.
- Quality Team of the Year Award—Al Zahra Hospital Dubai, United Arab Emirates, for their evidence-based high-quality services that lead the quality and patient safety journey. Also awarded in this category is Banaskantha District Cooperative Milk Producers’ Union Ltd, India, for the team’s work in ensuring a quality product to its consumers while managing more than 350,000 farmers.
- Quality Professional in a New Project Award—Yele Odofin-Belo, ATCO Two Rivers Lodging Group Limited Partnership, Canada, for his work at ATCO in leading and consulting on policy development, organizational restructuring, and risk management.
- CQI Honorary Award – John Oakland, Oakland Consulting, United Kingdom, for his ongoing work in quality and operational excellence. Also awarded is Andrew Wolstenholme, Crossrail, United Kingdom, for his ongoing work in quality in the construction industry.