It is nearly time for the biggest event of the year for management system auditors: The Online Auditor Expo! This one-of-a-kind event comes to you from Exemplar Global, the leading organization certifying management system auditors as well as the training that lets them do their best work.
The Online Auditor Expo features more than 30 presentations (on-demand as well as live) from thought leaders in every aspect of the industry, concentrated on tracks such as auditing skills, integrated management systems, food safety, and quality. This event offers an exceptional opportunity to learn along several dimensions of auditing, from the technical aspects of the profession such as interpreting the language of standards and applying them to auditees, to recent technological advancements such as remote auditing best practices, to soft skills such as the mental side of auditing and career pathways.
Here is a selection of sessions you won’t want to miss at the Online Auditor Expo:
- “Auditing Skills Every Manager Needs” by IJ Arora. It is important to review the definition of auditing from ISO 19011:2018 advising auditors “to determine the extent to which audit criteria are fulfilled.” Auditors are committed to the process and continual improvement; from this understanding flows the correct attitude toward the audit, its dos and don’ts. In this session, the presenter offers experience from more than 20 years in this business of implementing process-based management system approach and meeting customer objectives.
- “Remote Auditing One Year Later—What We’ve Learned” from Denise Robitaille. Today, after more than a year of living and working with covid, it has become clear that remote auditing is not going away. Now is the time to step back and assess the challenges and the benefits. What did we learn? What things went wrong? How can we prevent repetition of our errors? And how can we utilize the new tools we’ve acquired to enhance our audit programs?
- “Using the Process Approach for Food Safety Auditing” by Colin Christmas. Food safety auditors can benefit from adopting a process approach for auditing. The presentation will explain the process approach and how it works for auditing a food safety management system (FSMS), because when auditors fully understand this, the benefit is a higher level of confidence to ensure an organization has a robust FSMS.
- “Challenges and Opportunities in Conducting Integrated Management System Audits” by Rick Litts. By combining several different management systems, organizations can Integrate them into one system. This brings about challenges and opportunities for auditors as they determine whether the systems conform to the standards and the organization’s defined requirements, and that the integration is effectively implemented and maintained.
- “7 Ways to Nurture a High-Performing Internal Audit Team” by Karen Rawson. Internal audits can become “ho-hum” when the same auditors ask the same questions of the same people year after year. Instead, internal audits should be a valuable tool for management to gain insight into risks and opportunities to provide value to customers and to the business. In addition, the chance to serve as an internal auditor can be a valuable opportunity for growth and influence if your audit program is regularly monitored and improved.
Continuing Professional Development (CPD) certificates are available for all sessions, so the Online Auditor Expo is a perfect way to demonstrate your commitment to ongoing learning from many of the best minds in auditing.
The event begins on June 1, but registration is open now. Visit online here to learn more and register today for the Online Auditor Expo.