ASQ has named three of its members as Fellows for their achievements and contributions to the advancement of quality.
ASQ’s new Fellows for 2018 are:
- José Carlos Flores-Molina, Instituto Para La Calidad—For outstanding leadership in promoting, educating, and organizing on standardization, accreditation, continuous improvement, human factors and total quality management. In addition to pioneering contributions to quality movement in Peru with the National Standards and Accreditation Body and promoting ASQ in Peru, including the creation of the first local members community in Lima, Peru.
- Alka Jarvis, Cisco Systems—For exceptional leadership in development of ISO standards activities in U.S. TAG to ISO/TC 176, outstanding accomplishments in developing, promoting, and starting the Best Practice Center of Excellence at Cisco and implementing quality management principles at Apple; and contributions in the quality profession work as a practitioner, consultant, university educator, author, auditor, and presenter.
- Abhijit Sengupta—For sustained contributions in the theory and application of reliability and quality control in the nuclear power industry, long-time service to the ASQ certification process and extensive publications in support of reliability-based thinking, and continuous dedication to ASQ at local and division levels.
ASQ Chair Elmer Corbin said ASQ Fellows are leaders in their industries and in the quality community as a whole.
“These individuals are champions of quality, working to make the products and services we rely on better,” Corbin said.
The new Fellows will be recognized prior to ASQ’s World Conference on Quality and Improvement in April 30–May 2 in Seattle.
ASQ currently has close to 650 active Fellows who represent diverse industries on a global scale.
Fellow membership status is awarded to individuals who are ASQ members in good standing and meet the following criteria:
- Have at least 15 years of quality-related experience
- Achieve requirements across six professional categories
- Are sponsored by peers and endorsed by their ASQ section or division
- Have been an ASQ Senior member for five years or longer.