Registrations are now open for the American National Standards Institute’s (ANSI) upcoming one-day seminar on the American National Standard (ANS) development process and procedures.
The seminar will be held on July 13 from 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. EST at ANSI’s New York office.
The seminar entitled “The American Way: The American National Standard Development Process” will cover the importance of voluntary consensus standards, types of accreditation, stages in the standards development process, and how to make the most of participation in standards development.
The course is intended for staff from standards developing organizations who administer the American National Standards process, standards committee members, officers and administrators, corporate standards personnel, subject matter/technical experts, and those who want to learn more about the development of ANS.
Attendees can expect to gain a better understanding of:
- The U.S. voluntary consensus standardization process
- The accreditation process for developers of American National Standards
- The ANSI development process and procedures, and submittal of standards to ANSI for approval
- ANS forms
- Maintenance of accreditation requirements including the ANSI audit program, and how an audit can help accredited standards developers
- The role and motivation subject-matter experts play in the development process
- The importance of due process provisions within the ANS process and implementation options and requirements
Attendees will also have the opportunity to learn effective ANS administration tips and techniques and other helpful guidance.
People interested in attending are encouraged to take the free prerequisite online course: An Introduction to Standards: Why, Where and How Are They Developed, and complete the accompanying quiz.
Registration for The July American Way course is $395 for ANSI members and $495 for non-members and can be completed by visiting the registration webpage.
For more information on the seminar, visit the event website or email firstname.lastname@example.org.