The 2017 recipients of the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award have been named by U.S. Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross.
Celebrating its 30th anniversary this year, the Baldrige Award is a Presidential-level honor that recognizes exemplary practices among American organizations and businesses including an unceasing drive for radical innovation, thoughtful leadership, and administrative improvement.
Secretary of Commerce Wilbur Ross said the program is about much more than recognizing successful organizations or winning a single award.
“The organizations which are given the Baldrige Award embody the competitive spirit which drives the American economy forward,” Ross said.
The 2017 Baldrige Award recipients are:
- Bristol Tennessee Essential Services—Bristol, TN, small business sector
- Stellar Solutions—Palo Alto, CA, small business sector
- City of Fort Collins—Fort Collins, CO, nonprofit sector
- Castle Medical Center—Kailua, HI, health care sector
- Southcentral Foundation—Anchorage, AK, health care sector
Baldrige Performance Excellence Program Director Robert Fangmeyer said this year’s honorees clearly demonstrate that organizations of all kinds can achieve sustainable high performance.
“The missions for these organizations are dramatically different, but they share a laser focus on doing the right things for their customers, employees and communities using the Baldrige framework,” Fangmeyer said. “The payoff is great operational and business results.”
The Baldrige judges also may recognize applicants’ best practices in one or more of the Baldrige Criteria categories by organizations that are candidates for the award but are not selected as winners. This year, the judges have chosen four organizations for this honor:
- Donor Alliance, Denver, CO, Measurement, Analysis and Knowledge Management (category 4) and Operations (category 6)
- Howard Community College, Columbia, MD, Customers (category 3) and Operations (category 6)
- Methodist Healthcare System of San Antonio, TX, Leadership (category 1) and Strategy (category 2)
- Tri County Tech, Bartlesville, OK, Leadership (category 1) and Workforce (category 5)
The 2017 Baldrige Awards will be presented at a ceremony during the Baldrige Program’s 30th annual Quest for Excellence® conference, which will be held next April in Baltimore, MD.
Click here for more information about the Baldrige Performance Excellence Program.