ASQ will present its Honorary members, Distinguished Service Medals, and 12 other society medals on April 29 in Seattle, prior to its annual World Conference on Quality and Improvement. The awards recognize recipients for their innovative contributions and achievements in quality.
Honorary members have made enduring contributions to the quality profession and the allied arts and sciences. Election is restricted to individuals who are well-known.
The 2018 Honorary members are:
- Ronald D. Snee, founder and president of Snee Associates LLC—For his role in advancing the application of statistical methods and reliable problem-solving methodologies by organizational leaders and team members across the globe in a wide cross-setting of industries in order to improve decision making and quality/process improvement and achieve performance excellence.
- Geoff Vining, Professor, Department of Statistics, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University—For achievements which include extraordinary service to ASQ, extensive contributions to the body of knowledge, outstanding research leadership, and exceptional ambassadorship.
Distinguished Service Medal winners
The Distinguished Service Medal represents the highest distinction of service from ASQ and honors the lifetime contribution of individuals who have been recognized as a long-term enabler, catalyst, or prime mover in the quality movement.
The recipients of the Distinguished Service Medals for 2018 are:
Janet Raddatz, Sargento Foods Inc.—For dedication and leadership to keep food supply safe and of high quality. Her sustained service to the dairy industry, the quality profession, and ASQ has made a difference in many lives.
Steven Paul Bailey, Steven P. Bailey LLC—For dedicated leadership to advance quality concepts and tools through research, application, and extensive training in industry and academics, and extensive leadership within ASQ.
2018 Society Medals
The recipients of the 2018 Society Medals are:
- Feigenbaum Medal—Ali Masoudi,US BCSD
- Shewhart Medal—Christine M. Anderson-Cook, Los Alamos National Laboratory
- Shainin Medal—Cristobal Samaniego
- Lancaster Medal—Daniel Edward Sniezek,Lockheed Martin (retired)
- Crosby Medal—Elizabeth A. Cudney, Missouri University of Science and Technology
- Crosby Medal—Tina Kanti Agustiady, InnovaNet
- Hromi Medal—Gary K. Griffith, Griffith Training
- Grant Medal—James E. Breneman, Engineering and Quality Solution
- Hutchens Medal—KoAnn Vikoren Skrzyniarz, Sustainable Brands
- Edwards Medal—Linda Westfall, Westfall Team Inc.
- Brumbaugh Award—Heng Su, Wells Fargo
- Brumbaugh Award—C.F. Jeff Wu, Georgia Institute of Technology
Congratulations to all of the award recipients.